Employee Exit Survey Template
When employees leave your company it can often feel like a blow to the stomach. But what made them leave? What could you have done to make them stay? What were the main reasons for this outcome? What does the new employer have that you don't? Never let your employees go without asking them: Why? Leaving employees will also tend to be more honest and uncover problems that you might not have spotted. Even if your employee engagement is generally high, there might be other questions to ask. This survey template enables you to dig deeper. Knowing the reasons behind decisions made, gives you the option to make important changes in critical areas. That way you have the possibility to reduce employee turnover, increase employee engagement, and keep the most talented people on board. Survey your leaving employees with this employee exit survey template to collect important insights.
List of Employee Exit Survey Questions
- How long have you been an employee?
- Which of these factors influenced your decision to leave the organization?
- What are the most important reasons for leaving the organization?
- What did you like most about your job?
- The organization was able to put my skills to good use.
- I was able to get all the resources needed to do my job successfully at this organization.
- I was paid well for the work I did for the organization.
- I was treated fairly by my supervisor.
- How well did you communicate with your immediate supervisor?
- How often did you receive recognition for your work?
- I was treated as a valuable member of the organization.
- I felt safe at my job.
- I was kept well informed about the organization's strategy and operations.
- I was kept well informed about the organization's policies and procedures.
- On a scale from 1 to 5, how well were you trained in order to perform your job effectively?
- How easy was it to balance your working life and personal life during your time at this organization?
- On a scale from 1 to 5, how good were the opportunities for professional growth in this organization?
- Overall, how satisfied were you with your work at the organization?
- Is there anything that you would like to tell the management?
- Given an opportunity, what could the organization change that would potentially convince you to stay? Comments/Suggestions:
- On a scale from 0 to 10, how likely is it you would recommend this organization as a place to work?
- Are there any additional comments or suggestions you might have to improve this organization?
Sign up to Honestly for free and implement this employee exit survey in your trial account.