Employee Onboarding Survey Template
When new employees join an organization, the first couple of weeks can decide on whether the relationship between employee and company will be successful and whether or not the new employee will be engaged. It is the job of the employer to guarantee a successful employee onboarding in order to use the recruited talent in the most effective way possible. You also don't want to throttle the unique mix of sentiments (curiosity, motivation and initial ambition) a new hire brings into your company. Thus, it is essential to have a well-functioning onboarding process in your organization that guarantees new hires a successful start into the new job position. Conducting surveys with new employees on how they viewed) their onboarding process is extremely important in order to better understand how new people perceive your organization, and how well they are set up for success. It is important to conduct multiple surveys throughout a time period of anywhere between two to six months, depending on the nature and scope of the job position. This survey template provides an initial snapshot and should be conducted after the first six to twelve weeks. It touches upon all areas of employee onboarding and allows you to quickly assess what parts of your onboarding process are going well, and where there is room for improvement. Later on further surveys should be conducted in order to assess the development of the employee and the overall success of the onboarding process.
List of Employee Onboarding Survey Questions
- How satisfied were you with the onboarding in general?
- I was satisfied with the support and information I received before my first day on the job.
- Did the information you received before your first day help you know what to expect and where to go?
- I had a knowledgeable point of contact for any questions I had before my first day.
- What could have gone better in the weeks leading up to your new job?
- What could have made your first day better?
- Was the information you received on benefits on the first day of the job insightful and complete?
- On my first day, my workspace was organized and I had everything I needed to start working.
- Did you know where to go to get additional assistance on personnel matters, benefits, and paperwork following your first day on the job?
- How well was your supervisor prepared for your arrival?
- I felt welcomed by my colleagues on my first day on the job.
- My supervisor quickly integrated me into the team.
- How my job performance is measured was explained to me clearly and comprehensively.
- I received additional introduction and training for internal systems and general operating practices.
- My supervisor provides me with regular feedback on my performance.
- Does your supervisor check in with you regularly to answer any questions or concerns you may have?
- How well do you understand the expectations and responsibilities of your job?
- The organization’s mission and my role in achieving it have been reinforced throughout the onboarding process.
- The job description and interview process were consistent with what I am currently doing.
- I am satisfied with the overall orientation that I received.
- How well do you feel integrated into the team?
- What was your motivation for choosing or accepting this position?
- Do you feel that you have been well prepared for your job since you started?
- If a friend of yours was going to start working with your organization, what would you tell them to expect during their first day and week?
- What would you have liked your organization to share with you before your first day?
- Describe your onboarding process in one sentence.
- Please share any additional feedback or recommendations you may have to improve the organization's hiring and onboarding processes.
- How likely are you to recommend your organization as an employer after your first weeks on the job?
Sign up to Honestly for free and implement this employee onboarding survey in your trial account.